Saturday, April 13, 2013

My WOW moments at Lakme Fashion Week, Summer/Resort 2013

It's been more than a week since I've recovered from the hangover of  Lakme Fashion Week Summer/ Resort 2013 and this post is long overdue. 5 days of glamour, parties and not to mention hobnobbing with the who's who of the Indian fashion and film fraternity; it was a week well spent, thanks to ZOVI! Another bit on the ZOVI Gen Next program coming up soon on the blog.

One major challenge that I faced on a daily basis was to find the perfect outfit which could easily transition from day to night, comfortable for running around, yet suitable to be spotted at the front row in. It was a smart move to ditch all my sky high stilettos for my faithful Zara sling back wedges and Dorothy Perkins hi-top sneakers at the final stage of re-packing. Sadly, I had to give up my Zara wedges right after the fashion week as it gave up while I was taking a walk towards Joggers Park with my friend Satprem. It was an over utilized wardrobe essential that has served me for almost a year and I am going to miss much:(. You can get a gist of what I packed for the fashion week here.

Anyhoo, wardrobe talks aside here goes my list of my WOW moments at Lakme Fashion Week, Summer/Resort 2013:

NAEEM KHAN - Naeem Khan was the man who delivered my first WOW moment! It was a show that I had personally highly anticipated, not because I've a huge follower of Naeem Khan nor any designer for that matter but due to all the hype around him and his long list of celebrity clientele, some of whom are my favorite fashion icons. Of course,I am a convert now after seeing the show and I am delighted to admit that I have been officially bitten by the Naeem bug. When the show started, I was gasping with awe for every piece that was showcased. The intricate details, the perfect blend of Indian embroidery and Western cuts (especially the ones on Velvet), the stunning sequinned numbers and the immaculate finishing. The only issue was with the fittings as the dresses were too long for the Indian models because of which many of them tripped or almost tripped and most of them looked very uncomfortable. Check out my top picks from the collection below. My favourite is the red embroidered Kaftan dress.





















MUNKEE SEE MUNKEE DOO - The name itself made me curious enough to not want to miss the show and I am glad I didn't. The collection was a breath of fresh air centered around sheer, fluid fabrics and clean geometric cuts. At the end of the show, out came the cutest designer duo - Teresa and Utsav who both looked so young that it was hard to believe that they were behind the wonder that I had just witnessed. I made it a point to shake hands with them and congratulate them when I met them outside later. Watch out for this duo as they are definitely going to be the next biggest thing in the Indian fashion industry.





SWAPNIL SHINDE - I was bowled over by Swapnil's psychedelic, fierce and unique collection. Futuristic shapes, metallics and an interplay of pop colours and classic monochrome checks dominated the collection titled "Alice on Acid". As I was doing a bit of research before writing this post, I came to learn that Swapnil has done a 6 months internship with Versace which he won for being the first runner up in the reality TV show Lakme Fashion House. He has rocked the Indian fashion scene since then with his dramatic and spellbinding creations. Can't wait to for his Winter/ Festive 2013 collection as I have a feeling that it will be yet another pleasant surprise!
























You can watch all the shows on LFW TV here. Hope you enjoy my favourite shows too:)

X

No comments:

Post a Comment